You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to see Thumbnails in Adjustments Panel

Crash.thumb.jpg.08549d33cb5bf16311ece93ea629e219.jpgI had a problem with the last Photo up-date and couldn't open the programme. A solution was provided that seems to have worked fine see below:--

However, working through the new Workbook it appears that I cannot see any thumbnails  (adjustments panel) other than the default. Tried "Brightness/Contrast" and "HSL Adjust" both only show the default JPEG image and no other thumbnails. I have the Windows version running Windows 7 Home premium.  Any suggestions on how to rectify this issue? I also cannot see any pre-sets when Tone Mapping. Is my programme corrupted in any way?

Capture.GIF

Can you upload a screenshot of what you are seeing?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Hi Paul

I cannot see any uploaded screenshot but try this

Hold the CTRL key down then start AP, keep holding the CTRL key until you get a reset dialogue box, select all then continue and see if that resets your program back to normal.

Bear in mind you will lose any custom setting that you have made or added. (e.g. new shortcuts)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

23 minutes ago, Paul Eastwood said:

I have uploaded a screenshot + can't see any pre-sets when trying to use tone map persona. Is my programme corrupt? How can I resolve this?

It looks like your screenshot is showing the Adjustment panel in the Photo Persona, not anything in the Tone Mapping Persona.

Make sure you are in the Tone Mapping Persona & from the View > Studio menu fly-out, make sure there is a checkmark by the "Presets" item:

presets.png.6f79b557aaecae0f8e249372dee79e17.png

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

18 minutes ago, Paul Eastwood said:

Hi,

In the tone mapping Persona and the Presets is already ticked in the View / Studio and no presets are shown just blank left had section. Also as stated earlier when in the Adjustments Panel and picking Brightness/Contrast just the default imager shown - no other thumbnails.

Can you post a screenshot showing what you see while you are in the Tone Mapping Persona? (The screenshot attached to your first post can't be while you are in the Tone Mapping Persona because it does not have an Adjustment Studio panel.)

In the Adjustments Studio panel in the Photo Persona, only the default is shown unless you have added presets of your own. So for example, while the Brightness/Contrast window is open like in your screenshot, set the sliders to something other than the 0% defaults & click the "Add Preset" button in the top left of that window. Your Brightness/Contrast preset will be added to the Brightness/Contrast category of the Adjustments Studio panel with a thumbnail image like for the default one.

Correction: There should be some presets for most of the Adjustment categories included  when the app was installed. They should be restored if you did the reset @carl123 suggested.

Edited by R C-R

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

5 minutes ago, R C-R said:

In the Adjustments Studio panel in the Photo Persona, only the default is shown unless you have added presets of your own. So for example, while the Brightness/Contrast window is open like in your screenshot, set the sliders to something other than the 0% defaults & click the "Add Preset" button in the top left of that window. Your Brightness/Contrast preset will be added to the Brightness/Contrast category of the Adjustments Studio panel with a thumbnail image like for the default one.

I believe that is incorrect.  I have five presets available for Brightness/Contrast

none that I created

(Windows 8 PC)

Just now, carl123 said:

I believe that is incorrect.

Indeed it was, which is why I added the correction to my post, probably while you were composing your reply. 

Affinity Photo 

Hi I have attached a screen shot of the top left portion of the Tone Map Screen as requested, which does not show any presets. I believe I have 2 display issues though they may be connected in some way. Yes the earlier screen shot is as stated WHILST I WAS USING THE ADJUSTMENTS PANEL using Brightness/Contrast and I should be able to see a range of thumbnail options - not just the default.

Tone Map.GIF

4 hours ago, Paul Eastwood said:

I believe I have 2 display issues though they may be connected in some way.

I think you are right about that, although I do not know why resetting the app as @carl123 suggested earlier did not set things right. :S

Affinity Photo