You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have 3 questions:  

1)  When will Affinity Designer be available for purchase?   

2)  Is there a pre-order option available now?  

3)  Is there a projected price that has been set for that application?  

I am very hopeful that Designer will prove to be a good alternative to Illustrator.  

With the business model that Adobe has chosen now, it has become an untenable situation whereby if you quit paying monthly you lose access to any work you’ve created. 

In essence, Adobe is saying to all of its customers: 

“ALL YOUR BEZIER ARE BELONG TO US!”    

Therefore, my thanks to the team at Affinity for their efforts to break the Adobe hegemony!  

And I also look forward to the release of the rest of the Affinity suite as well!  

(NOTE: My apologies if you’ve already answered the above questions elsewhere on this site.)   

- David  

• Staff

> I have 3 questions

Affinity Designer will be available to purchase at the end of the beta. This will hopefully be October at the latest.

Affinity Designer will be available through the Mac App Store so no pre-order needed.

Affinity Designer will be £34.99/$49.99. 

Many thanks,

TonyB.

@TonyB.....thanks very much for the info on purchasing!  I had thought I had read that somewhere before, but could not find the info again so that's why I posted my questions....I wanted to confirm those details.  I have since re-discovered where I originally read some of that information....it was in the article that originally led me to this website!    ;)

I would presume that, when Affinity Designer does get released in October (or thereabouts), notice will be given here on this message board and also on the Affinity website.  Will it also be the case that those who are registered (via this website) with Affinity will receive email notice about its availability?  

- David  

• Staff

Yes, we will notify everyone we can about the release of Affinity Designer when we are ready. The release will be just the start for us as we will also be releasing free updates with great new features over the next 12 months. 

Many thanks,

TonyB.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have also a question regarding pricing as i'm currently evaluating if the affinity designer is worthy of my investment (purchase).

There is only one think holding me back, i did not so long ago buy a similar product named S....h (i don't write the full name so this is not taken the wrong way), anyways few months after my purchase the developer released a new version of the product but not as an update but as a new product named S.....h 3. So now i'm stuck with a version that will no longer be developed and no means to upgrade (even paid) as the app store doesn't support a paid upgrade.

So my question is, whats the plan for affinity designer, do you plan to go the Pix....r way and provide free fixes and upgrades which would make your software great and my evaluation fast. Or do you plan in future to release new full paid versions of this product?

Thank you for info.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I would be happy to chip in say 25% of the buy price a year for updates, for me a far better option than having 10 versions of the same software. Its less then buying a new version SW after 2 yrs. I'm a developer my self, so i know it's lot of work, time (so money) to push updates. I hope you will get more popular and maybe as new children are born every day, so every day someone new needs a design tool, maybe it will be enough to keep Affinity up to date. 

Hopefully apple will also make some effort towards paid upgrades. I guess, we will have to see. At least i hope you will stay by you answer and push updates for the next 18 months.

I still have to evaluate (as I already have a similar tool - if i would not, i would buy Affinity right away) but your answer did push mi more towards the buy side.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...