You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is the best AD format I/O to work with Adobe Environment

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year.

I am using AD side by side with CC in plan of total replacement in the near future, but I ran into some troubles when importing Ai files in AD and exporting from AD for later import in Ai, as my colleagues use Ai, what is the ideal export configuration that I can use so my colleagues using Ai can import without any problems, and what is the ideal Ai configuration that my colleagues can use so I can import in AD without any issues, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hi alig,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no perfect answer here since the features and the way they are implemented in each program don't match so there may be some lost depending on the complexity (and features used) of the file in question. The best formats for this (both import and export) would be Ai (or PDF) and SVG. In the case of Ai make sure you colleagues export it with Create PDF Compatible File checked when saving the Ai file since we are only able to read/load the data from the PDF stream included in the Ai file.

• Staff

Hi alig,

Same thing. PDF and SVG are you best export options to exchange files with Adobe Illustrator users (for export preset).

Regarding exporting in Ai from Illustrator - also make sure all assets/objects are inside the canvas/artboards - objects placed on the pasteboard area are not included in the PDF stream of the Ai file and as such cannot be imported into Designer.