You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut "alt" + "SPACE" for active zoom in/out like in photoshop

Mac or PC ?

Press the Spacebar first, then Control (PC) to zoom in or out (drag left or right). it is probably Cmd on a Mac.

Press the Spacebar first, then Alt (PC) to draw a marquee. Photo will zoom to that area.

Press Spacebar then Alt and click to zoom out.

Pressing the Spacebar on it's own is the shortcut to pan the image.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

Hey, thank you for the fast answer toltec. Its nice with ctrl + spacebar, cause the spacebar is used for pan, which can be combined great with adding "control" for zoom. BTW, the zoom dont go smoth ... is this still in issue? My pc is very fast, it shouldnt be a matter of hardware.

On a Mac you can also zoom in & out in steps by pressing CMD & the plus or minus keys. It is a repeating function so holding down the keys continues to zoom until they are released. The same is probably true for PC's using the Control key.

Zooming with the spacebar + Control (or CMD on the Mac) should be quite smooth unless maybe the image is very large (like >50MP) and there are lots of layers, live filters, adjustments, etc. that require re-rendering the display.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 31.12.2017 at 3:20 PM, R C-R said:

Zooming with the spacebar + Control (or CMD on the Mac) should be quite smooth unless maybe the image is very large (like >50MP) and there are lots of layers, live filters, adjustments, etc. that require re-rendering the display.

Its a bit smooth and you are right, i have much layers ... but in Photoshop it still more smooth. Btw, its great the as I Zoom in/out it lock shortly, if it hit 100% Zoom.