You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[RESOLVED] No Affinity Folder When Visiting icloud.com

I use both Mac and Window computers, and have purchased Affinity Photo and Designer for both. I'm curious, how can I get to my files saved from my Mac into the iCloud drive, on to my PC? When I go to iCloud.com there is no Affinity folder there, although it is saved to the iCloud drive on my Mac.

Am I going to have to use Dropbox?

• Staff

Hi Somnus,

I've just checked on my Windows PC and Mac, and they can both see the Affinity folders via iCloud.com for the iCloud account we use.   Also the iCloud app is showing the folders on the Mac and Windows computers i'm using.

Can you make sure you are signed into the same Apple ID on the PC and also on the Mac.  If they are, perhaps try signing in and out of iCloud and see if this forces them show.

Hm. That's really strange then. I'm currently on my Mac, and as you can see in the attached screenshot, even on the same computer, logged in to the same Apple ID, I'm missing quite a bit of folders. Is there some kind of setting in the folder itself that needs to be set to allow it to sync up with the website?

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 10.47.35 AM.png

Well here's an interesting update. I turned off iCloud Drive on my mac, and it moved out all of the files into a seperate folder. I then turned back on iCloud Drive, and it downloaded both Affinity Folders. So they're uploaded somewhere, they're just not showing up on the website. Any ideas about that?

• Staff
1 hour ago, Somnus said:

Looks like maybe turning it off then back on

The one thing any Tech Support agent hates having to suggest :) 

Glad its all resolved and thanks for marking this as resolved, makes it stand out should anyone else run into the same issue and do a search.