You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Check out Pixave. I don't know if it's the "best" but It's pretty good for doing what you want. I've been using it to organize and categorize my photos. It only works for Macs, I believe.

Affinity Photo, V 2.3.1    Affinity Designer, V 2.2 Affinity Publisher, V 2.3.1

Mac Book Air, Sonoma, 14.2.1

On 30.12.2017 at 4:36 PM, GaryJKirby said:

Hi,  Anyone have any info on which is the best organiser software for tagging categorising, rating photos etc to work with Affinity?

There are bunch of such tools available, thus it depends also if it has to be platform portable (Win + Mac) or if just for a specific OS here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I have tried XN view MP on both Mac and Windows. There is a large learning curve on how the keywords are applied and updated in the metadata. You should experiment with a small amount of photos before using XN on your entire library. An alternative that I use is Adobe Bridge. AB is free and works well on both my Mac and Windows computers. I have found that I can download the keywords and use the list more easily than with XN. One other feature in AB that I like is that when a new keyword is added it appears automatically under the photo. XN requires that you leave the updated folder or restart the app before the new keyword appears.