You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hasselblad H4D-50 RAW file

Hi i have just recently purchase Affinity photo for the PC. have been playing with it and love the feature set. I have tried to open up the H4D-50 RAW file in affinity. the files opens with minimal fuss. the only thing is i find the colors are much more muted on affinity photo. In order to match the Hasselblad Phocus colors there would be quite a number of adjustment needed. could i suggest that a  tone curve that matches the hasselblad phocus  be made. Do let me know if i can contribute anything. i would be happy to. 

I have attach a screen shot comparing the Hasselblad Phocus vs Affinity when both are at zero adjustments.

i hope this could also be standardise on the Ipad affinity photo too as i own that. 

thanks again

Screenshot (1).png

I agree with your suggestion. I have been experimenting. It seem that I can get better noise reduction in affinity photo. Was just hoping there is a way to get a similitude starting point to phocus. Especially the colors. At the moment opening the files in affinity the colours are a bit wash out and the colour balance is a bit off.

On 30.12.2017 at 10:52 AM, Nickfranken said:

In Phocus you use the Hasselblad raw converter. This is written for your camera. Affinity photo uses the raw concrete from the OS...

Not quite correct, on Win it uses it's own RAW engine and only on Macs you can choose here between the apps own and the Mac OS one. - Beside that, it's obvious that Hasselblad knows it's own cams RAW format best and so no surprise here will give right out of the box overall better results.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2