Jump to content
DutchForce

Supported RAW Cameras 1.6.x - Your list is not correct!

Recommended Posts

Hi there.

 

I just wanted to point out that I am still waiting for the native Serif Labs RAW engine to support the Sigma SD15 and Sigma SD 14 and SD10 RAW-X3F files.

 

Although you state at: 

that these cameras are fully supported I must contradict the information about Sigma posted in this listing.

 

Just take a look at the colorhandling your Serif Labs Raw Engine does and compare them to the "real" colors when I open the files in "PS" or Sigma Photo Pro.

So, untill you have solved the X3F-files problem you should better take out all Sigma Cameras from the above quoted listing.

 

Attached some color comparisons:

 

I hope you will manage to solve the RAW-file handling soon. 

 

Thanks

 

Anthony

affinity_x3f_2.PNG

affinity_x3f.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the screenshots! I've got them passed onto development and reported the issue as I've been able to reproduce using some samples from the SD15 on Photographyblog.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2-1-2018 at 2:30 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for the screenshots! I've got them passed onto development and reported the issue as I've been able to reproduce using some samples from the SD15 on Photographyblog.com

Hi Sean,

Any ETA on when this issue will be resolved?
I also use a Sigma(16mm f/1.4 Contemporary) lens for the majority of my photo's, but they look very bad when opening the RAW file with AP.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Darryl1987 said:

Hi Sean,

Any ETA on when this issue will be resolved?
I also use a Sigma(16mm f/1.4 Contemporary) lens for the majority of my photo's, but they look very bad when opening the RAW file with AP.

Thanks!

 

Hi Darryl,

 

Is my interpretation correct that you have the same problem but you only use a Sigma lens? I always thougt it was the Sigma file format (X3F). I used the Sigma SD10 and SD15 to shoot my pictures.

On what camera do you use the 16mm lens?

 

I reported this problem already a longtime ago (august 2017) when I was testing AP. The answer I got then was:

 

>>Hi Anthony,

 

>>We do certainly support Sigma files but an issue such as this has been reported and logged to be fixed in a future update. Would it be possible to provide me with a copy of the file so I can pass this on to >>the development team?

>>Thanks,
>>Jack

 

In august I sent in the same files attached to this topic. Untill now nothing has happened. So don´t expect this to be solved soon. Sorry........

 

Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2-3-2018 at 3:02 PM, DutchForce said:

 

Hi Darryl,

 

Is my interpretation correct that you have the same problem but you only use a Sigma lens? I always thougt it was the Sigma file format (X3F). I used the Sigma SD10 and SD15 to shoot my pictures.

On what camera do you use the 16mm lens?

 

I reported this problem already a longtime ago (august 2017) when I was testing AP. The answer I got then was:

 

>>Hi Anthony,

 

>>We do certainly support Sigma files but an issue such as this has been reported and logged to be fixed in a future update. Would it be possible to provide me with a copy of the file so I can pass this on to >>the development team?

>>Thanks,
>>Jack

 

In august I sent in the same files attached to this topic. Untill now nothing has happened. So don´t expect this to be solved soon. Sorry........

 

Anthony

Hi Anthony,

 

I use a Sigma lens on a Sony A6000.

However, the file formats produced by my camera are .ARW (RAW), not the Sigma file format I think.

 

I really hope they fix this anytime soon, because editting images right now is not what it should be like, as I have to use a lot of exposure to make my pictures look decent.
For now, I will be using a different program until this is fixed.
Thanks!

 

Darryl

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Darryl,

 

I am convinced that your problem is not the lens but the .ARW file format. On Sigma it is .X3F. I think it is the (not yet completed) raw-devolpment engine in Affinity that is not knowing how to handle the colour embedded colour information i our files. As I already said "Adobe RAW" has no problems at all.

 

I am also using the original Sigma Photo Pro to open my RAW-files and then save them as a .tif file. That´s not the correcht way, but so I can continue my work on the .tif files in Affinity.

 

Hope to hear soon from Affinity that they now support our "exotic file formats"

 

Anthony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×