chris.bannu

Extreme lag and bleeding when adding effects

Hi guys,

I just bought Affinity Designer, after reading reviews and watching a few tutorials on youtube, and I was very excited. I started using it, and I love the interface, the fact that it's extremely easy to use and intuitive, and everything was fine and dandy, until I added a few shapes and added effects to them (drop shadow, gradient overlay, outline). After adding 5-7 shapes, Affinity Designer became extremely slow.

The lag between my action and what happened on the screen is extremely noticeable, and when I drag shapes there's a huge bleeding effect besides the delay of the movement. Right now, for me, it's unusable, is there a fix coming soon for this? Did anyone else experience this? I don't have an extremely strong system, but Photoshop runs pretty good on my machine, so I was expecting AD to run perfectly, based on the reviews I read.

My system:

Windows 7 64 bit
RAM: 8GB
Intel Core i5-4690, 3.50 GHz
Nvidia Geforce GTX 750

I just installed Affinity Designer Beta, and the issue I mentioned above is a bit better. Far from perfect, but there's a bit of a difference. Is this issue going to be taken into consideration and investigated for a future fix?

Thank you,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Are you able to attach a video showing the slowdown and bleeding you are seeing at all please? Have you got any other monitors you could try at all? We had a monitor in the office that had particularly bad bleeding when blocks of colour were moved around - however this was a fault of the monitor.

Hi Sean,

I will get a new monitor, as my current one is extremely bad :) So that might be a reason. I will come back with an answer if it still behaves like this. I really enjoy Affinity so far.

Thanks,

Chris