You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing Affinity Macro Epic Skies Overlays

Hello Community,
I purchased Epic Skies yesterday from Upliftactions.com.
Unfortunately, only the Photoshop-Macro is included. How can I use this macro in Affinity?

In the free Version of Epic Skies in Affinity Photo (November 2017) the macro was included.
Where can I buy/download the missing macro?

Thanks

• Staff

Hi icetiger66,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's no way to use Photoshop actions in Affinity Photo.

The Affinity macro was part of an exclusive offer for those who purchased (or already owned) Affinity Photo 1.6 and has expired on November 16 (more info here), so i'm afraid there's no way to get/buy it now, sorry.

As Someone who recently purchased BOTH the Windows and the MAC version of Affinity Photo, as well as the iPad version, as well as the Photo Workbook, I'm curious what the thinking was behind offering a free macro to only users who purchased the product before a specific date.  Had I purchased one copy for a single computer prior to Nov 16, I would have received it, but having purchased 3 copies and the workbook after Nov 16, I don't.  Doesn't seem fair or rational.

The 'bonus' content is owned by its authors/creators & is usually sold by them, not Serif/Affinity. For what should be obvious reasons, they would not be very receptive to the idea of extending their very generous free offer indefinitely,

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 minutes ago, SteveB523 said:

Interesting. That would make sense - if the third party vendor wanted to sell the product they were promoting. Yet your earlier post implies that’s not the case?

I am not sure what you mean about an earlier post but four of the six definitely are for sale on the web. The other two (one each for AP & AD) are available to all. See for example the links @Alfred posted here.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - I was referring to MWB’s post innthis thread in which he said’”here’s No way to get/buy it now, sorry”

On 12/29/2017 at 8:09 AM, MEB said:

Hi icetiger66,

The Affinity macro was part of an exclusive offer for those who purchased (or already owned) Affinity Photo 1.6 and has expired on November 16 (more info here), so i'm afraid there's no way to get/buy it now, sorry.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear - I was referring to MWB’s post innthis thread in which he said’”here’s No way to get/buy it now, sorry”

also, the links that @Alred posted do not appear to be for the Epic Skies product that icetiger66 and I were interested in.

On 12/29/2017 at 8:09 AM, MEB said:

Hi icetiger66,

The point is, I think, that the Uplift people created and own the Epic Skies pack. They chose to let Serif distribute the Affinity Photo version of their product to selected Affinity Photo customers for a limited period of time. As that time has past, Serif can no longer distribute it.

If you did not get it then, and want it, you would need to get it from Uplift now. Whether they are making it available, and under what terms, is entirely their business and only they would know further details of its availability.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I think I had downloaded that one (Epic Skies) once accidently, looked into it and deleted it then. Since those pics didn't looked like being something earthshaking must have here, further the web is full of such free background clouds stuff.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2