You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

All I want for Christmas...

I love Affinity Photo. I am about to cancel my Adobe subscription. But if there were one thing above all else that I would love Affinity to do for me it would be this. If I open a Photoshop document or a TIFF or whatever format it may be and work on it and then hit save I would like it to save in that same format rather than forcing me to going to export and export in the same format it came in in and then say yes I do want to overwrite the old version. I'm a fan of the Affinity format but I use ACDSee to organise my photographs and although it renders a preview it cannot output full-size JPEG's et cetera. I also cannot add IP TC information to Affinity formatted files (which is insane, by the way). Incidentally, this leads me to my second Christmas wish. Please stop stripping all my meta data out of my images when I take them into Affinity. I import into ACDSee and attach all my meta data then and have it all stripped out again is crazy in terms of a failing of a program such as Affinity and means I have to go through the whole process all over again or my images are just going to get lost in the maelstrom of photographs in my collection.

Please can we have these sorted out? Thanks so much. How about 2018 makes Affinity exactly what it can be?!

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com