You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Getting the Customer Beta to recognise purchased application

I downloaded the link fine but when i tried to install I get an error that says "Retail Version Required" and I select OK. It then sends me to iTunes which i select and it goes to my apple app store and it shows i have already purchased the Affinity Photo 1.6.6 and has an open button underneath. I opened my Affinity Photo and in the about it shows it is the 1.6.6 version. Why is the beta not picking up that i already own  the retail copy required? HELP  I have attached a screenshot of the error on top of the Affinity Photo logo that says 1.6.7 Beta 2..... but it will not open. 

Melody

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 11.10.10 PM.png

• 2 months later...
  • Staff
6 hours ago, timo906 said:

Hey! Could you explain to me how you fixed this? I can't get it to work and I have the same problem. 

Thanks!

Hi @timo906

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

The post above gives the clue. The purchased version has to be installed in the Applications folder for the beta version to 'find' it.

Is yours in the root level Applications folder? 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

21 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Hi @timo906

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

The post above gives the clue. The purchased version has to be installed in the Applications folder for the beta version to 'find' it.

Is yours in the root level Applications folder? 

Hey Patrick.

That's the strange thing: it is! Both apps are in the root folder of /Applications, yet I still get the error. The strange thing is that it worked until two days ago, and I didn't change anything...

• Staff

Hi timo906,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you getting the same error message as @mdrayerrn (first post)?

If you have updated the retail versions to v1.6.7 (Affinity Photo) and v1.6.1 (Affinity Designer) the Betas will not be recognised anymore (all fixes/improvements are now included in the retail version and the betas are now obsolete). This is by design. Only the next beta versions will be validated.

• Staff

Sorry about my answer MEB has given the right answer, sorry, temporary brain freeze 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 3/5/2018 at 10:56 AM, MEB said:

Hi timo906,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Are you getting the same error message as @mdrayerrn (first post)?

If you have updated the retail versions to v1.6.7 (Affinity Photo) and v1.6.1 (Affinity Designer) the Betas will not be recognised anymore (all fixes/improvements are now included in the retail version and the betas are now obsolete). This is by design. Only the next beta versions will be validated.

MEB,

I've encountered the problem of AP and AD betas not "opening" because I was using an alias for my application folder which I moved from my startup drive. This was sorted through a few messages with the Dev team. In this case, if the betas are no longer active with the release of the retail versions, then the error message needs to be changed to reflect this state. "BETA expired" clearly explains the application status.

• 3 weeks later...

The beta clearly needs to say something like "This beta is currently at the same level of  development as the full App Store version, so it has been disabled. Please continue to use the full App Store version and check the forum for new betas (and give the link)." Come on guys this is a no-brainer by now. Your existing system is counter-intuitive.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.