fxgogo

Serial Wacom Intuos Pressure problem

Hi all, I am having the pressure issue other are having with Wacom Tablets, but I have slight difference:

I am using an Intuos 1 tablet that uses a serial port. I am using a Keyspan adapter to convert it to a USB port.

So I am gettting pressure in other programs like Microsoft paint, so I am at a loss as to why it is not working in Affinity.

Any thoughts?

www.slowlymakingsmoke.com

Wow, Intuos 1 using the serial port.. I still have one in a shelf, just for sentimental reasons... I think that's from Jurassic times ...  ;) 

Check if you are hitting the 'More' button in the top icons bar (having selected the brush tool, of course) , and configure the stuff in the dialog window that pops up, see if that works. Maybe the driver that thing is using is based in a different library (I think one uses wintab drivers, the others don't, but don't quote me on that...), I think there was an issue with this and other programs (so it could be the type of tablet driver). If all fails, maybe try setting on and off "Windows Ink" in the wacom driver, if the driver  version you are needing to use has the feature...

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Yeah, Wacom make brilliant products and the old ones work just as well as the new ones. I have two of the serial tablets still in use.

Using the more button allows me to make changes to the dynamics.

So the driver installation is not a straight forward procedure. I have to install an older driver which gets the tablets working, then a newer driver to get the preferences working in the control panel. However, that is works in MS Paint says to me the driver is working well.

I am gonig to try the 'Windows ink' option, if it is there. Will feedback.

www.slowlymakingsmoke.com