shankarphotos

RAW files open up in purple color

I just purchased Affinity Photos and tried opening some RAW files from my Canon 6D Mark II on Affinity Photos on my Windows 7 laptop. The raw files are opening up with a purple tinge to it. I believe it is because the software is not able to read some of the colors and tones in newer camera raw files. These pictures open fine when I open in Canon RAW digital photo professional 4 software and other recent photo software or in my phone using snapseed. I have attached the sample raw file from my camera that I am trying to open and which has this problem.

IMG_0114.CR2

Thanks MEB. The software is not going to be of much use to to me until then. Was planning to use the software for HDR and Focus Stacking. Where can I find documentation on RAW formats supported? Does it work with Mac. 

Please send across the mac install and a product code for a mac install via email without having to pay again for the software. I bought the windows version and now what I bought the software for is not supported with no ETA. So it is not useful for me.

MEB will know for sure, but I believe you can return the software via the Affinity Store (or the Microsoft Store, depending on where you purchased it) if you do so within the 14-day return period.

(By the way, Affinity Photo, like many software packages, offers a free trial that you could have used to verify that it would handle your important needs before purchasing it.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Serif doesn't sell the Mac versions of their software directly to retail customers. All sales are handled by Apple through their Mac App Store, and Apple has no way of knowing who owns the Windows versions of the Affinity apps.

If you are within the returns period for the software, you should apply for a refund and then purchase the Mac version through the MAS. (An encrypted receipt is included in the DMG installer file, so you don't need a product key.)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Hi shankarphotos,

Since you are using Windows 7, i believe you have bough Affinity Photo from the Affinity Store (the Windows App Store is only available on Window 8/10). If that's the case check this page for instructions on how to request a refund if you are still within the 14 day refund period.

FYI I have emailed affinityreturns@serif.com twice with order details asking for a refund and have not heard back yet. No acknowledgement or response yet.

I wait till Jan 2nd after New Year for a response.

On 29/12/2017 at 4:14 PM, shankarphotos said:

There was no 30 day trial in this page. Beside there was a year end discount.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

The link for the trial version is wa-a-ay down at the bottom of the page:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/signup/trial/photo/

It isn’t a 30-day trial, either. It’s only 10 days, counted continuously from the moment you first launch the app.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

On 12/29/2017 at 11:27 AM, shankarphotos said:

thanks. that is good to know. It would be useful for new customers to have a link to support martix upfront before they download/buy.

Customers do have that link available, by the way, though it requires reading a lot of details about the product to get to it. At the bottom of the Affinity Photo store page (https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/), next to the Trial link, there's a View Full Feature List link. That page has a section on RAW Image Processing, which has a link to the forum page showing the cameras currently supported by AP for RAW image processing.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta