You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Make it a little different...

m-b

Nice work. I'd say more than a little different. IO'm waiting for the troll to peer out from behind the branches.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

9 hours ago, Wikinger said:

Bonsoir.

Composition qui sort de l'ordinaire. C'est imaginatif.

Le reflet troublé de l'arbre, apporte à l' image, tout son réalisme.

le Noir et blanc est efficace.

Now I've also learned a little bit of French. ; ) Merci!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

When will you ALL realise that these manipulations do NOT make original images.

They are obvious, boring and derivative.

Most ART is derivative Bach>mozart>>Beethoven etc....

But really try and see that the application on of an algorithm written bt an algorithm is not 'art'!

J'esus.

Create or not create - but please do not believe that destortion and digital manipulation is creative unless!!!!!

You, yourself can create and recreate that process your self.

No apologies.

Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

1 hour ago, Sharkey said:

But really try and see that the application on of an algorithm written bt an algorithm is not 'art'!

The Art of Computer Programming (TAOCP) - reference , I believe Mr. Knuth will say here at least, that to devise an algorithm is an Art of it's own.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

15 hours ago, v_kyr said:

The Art of Computer Programming (TAOCP) - reference , I believe Mr. Knuth will say here at least, that to devise an algorithm is an Art of it's own.

And I agree with him entirely (who ever he is). "that to devise an algorithm is an Art of it's own".

is An ART in its self.

I do not denigrate the art in writing code to create. However the application of the coding with a click is in my opinion not creative or arty.

My right to say these things I believe is simple that I (as do you all) have a right to free speech and free thought.

16 hours ago, John Rostron said:

@Sharkey, nobody here mentioned 'art' or 'original' until you did. 

John

Sorry. Didn't realise that mentioning something that has not already been 'mentioned' was against or outside some rule or other - note to self - just repeat everything you read and without fail do not choose to write something other than what you read. There that should take care of constructive thought for a years to come.

2 hours ago, m-b said:

Beautiful image (the mono)! How was it done?

16 hours ago, m-b said:

I can do with my photographs what I want...

And who said this is art? And who has the right to say what art is? You? Than I thank You!

Now now let us not resort to the British sense of humour. It has been used before.

Regards All.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

25 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Beautiful image (the mono)! How was it done?

Now now let us not resort to the British sense of humour. It has been used before.

thx! There is nothing special, I used only a lightning filter on the tree and a gradation curve on the whole picture, lowering the shadows and increase the lights. And a bit gaussian blur on the borders. The painting is just a pencil brush.

...by the way, I really don't know what British humour is, I'm from germany and my english is very basic..

35 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

And I agree with him entirely (who ever he is).

You never heard from Donald Knuth, aka Concrete Mathematics, TeX, Metafont ... etc. - Ok.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

36 minutes ago, m-b said:

thx! There is nothing special, I used only a lightning filter on the tree and a gradation curve on the whole picture, lowering the shadows and increase the lights. And a bit gaussian blur on the borders. The painting is just a pencil brush.

...by the way, I really don't know what British humour is, I'm from germany and my english is very basic..

British Humour = Sarcasm

Sometimes when English is second language 'sarcasm' can be read in to the script even when it was not meant.

No need to downgrade your English to basic. By comparison my German is just English shouted backward ;)

25 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

You never heard from Donald Knuth, aka Concrete Mathematics, TeX, Metafont ... etc. - Ok.

Looks like he was a clever chap.

As for my ignorance of him and his work. Only been using computers for 15 years and no interest in where they come from, even now.

Might as well ask me who invented the screw driver - I use one but not a clue as to who thought the idea up. Probably Archimedes:/

Anyway at one time I was quite an expert in my field but got tired, opened the gate and left.

By the way, if your quote is correct it does seem a little odd that he attribute ownership of to a string of code. Book and cover!

46 minutes ago, m-b said:

So the idea is yours?

If so do you know how you came by it.

The execution is clean, precise and in it's way moody. Very attracted to the "leading the tree away from it's roots" allegory.

Regards

On 12/27/2017 at 2:20 PM, m-b said:

In the original I like a lot the mucked up symmetry beyond the glass. Up until then the design was pretty damned perfect.

I wonder why he/she did not see the incongruity of the off set pictures and lighting when viewed from where you made the image.

Somehow removing the light (gold stuff behind the glass)would have lowered the temperature and mood. Even just taking the sign writing and pictures with it would have helped.

The austerity of the original is replaced by the feeling of eminent collapse and decay in the produced version.

Not sure this was a boring image to start with. Just takes a bit of looking.

Regards

14 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

So the idea is yours?

If so do you know how you came by it.

The execution is clean, precise and in it's way moody. Very attracted to the "leading the tree away from it's roots" allegory. 

Yes. But it's actually more improvised than thinking about what I make out of this 'weird' tree shaped by the wind. Maybe it's similar to the part of humans who just use nature and do not respect it properly.

31 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Not sure this was a boring image to start with. Just takes a bit of looking.

I do not know if I say it correctly in English. The picture was taken in a well-known museum in Munich. With boring, I rather meant that already other photographers probably have snapped this perspective hundreds, maybe thousands of times. The original has no uniqueness anymore to me. The tree that I have photographed and planted there is a completely foreign object in this place and makes the photo simply differently than anyone could ever photograph there.