Tracy T

Batch Process afphoto files to jpeg? Not Working

I've modified 30+ photos and saved all as .afphoto files. Can I use these to batch process to .jpegs? I've watched the tutorials and searched for answers but I'm stuck. Every time I try to process into .jpegs absolutely nothing happens. I've got the Batch window up and it always indicates "No Jobs Running." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I'm using a Mac and I have AP 1.6.6.  I also "authorized" batch processing on this computer. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm doing. I've created an export folder for the jpegs, so I save into that.  After I hit "okay" nothing happens, except the dialog box disappears. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 5.13.44 PM.png

I'm sorry. I think the problem was that after I "authorized" this computer I didn't restart the program. As soon as I quit and re-opened the program this time I was able to batch process to any folder. I should have thought of that. Thanks much for your time!

Hi, My issue is a little different, I'm not able to batch process more than 12 photos at a time. When I try to do more photos it just keeps loading, saying it's applying macros, but they never finish applying. Any ideas? (I'm using a maxed out 2018 MBP)

Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 16.35.41.png

9 minutes ago, stevenbauwens said:

My issue is a little different, I'm not able to batch process more than 12 photos at a time. When I try to do more photos it just keeps loading, saying it's applying macros, but they never finish applying. Any ideas? (I'm using a maxed out 2018 MBP)

If you have Parallel Processing enabled for your batch job, try disabling it by unchecking the box:
image.png.5e601a0ad3ef41d80477d3ca8c9473d4.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

Hi stevenbauwens,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you don't mind installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta, can you please try it again with the Parallel processing option turned on?
Here's the link to the latest Beta just in case you are willing to give it a try. Let us know if you still experience the same issue. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi stevenbauwens,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you don't mind installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta, can you please try it again with the Parallel processing option turned on?
Here's the link to the latest Beta just in case you are willing to give it a try. Let us know if you still experience the same issue. Thanks.

Hi there! So I did try to install the Beta version and now it does work with Parallel Processing. Perfect, another issue fixed! I can't wait for the day that Affinity will become the industry Standard :)