You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch Process afphoto files to jpeg? Not Working

I've modified 30+ photos and saved all as .afphoto files. Can I use these to batch process to .jpegs? I've watched the tutorials and searched for answers but I'm stuck. Every time I try to process into .jpegs absolutely nothing happens. I've got the Batch window up and it always indicates "No Jobs Running." What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for your prompt reply.  I'm using a Mac and I have AP 1.6.6.  I also "authorized" batch processing on this computer. I've attached a screen shot of what I'm doing. I've created an export folder for the jpegs, so I save into that.  After I hit "okay" nothing happens, except the dialog box disappears. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-26 at 5.13.44 PM.png

I'm sorry. I think the problem was that after I "authorized" this computer I didn't restart the program. As soon as I quit and re-opened the program this time I was able to batch process to any folder. I should have thought of that. Thanks much for your time!

• 1 year later...
9 minutes ago, stevenbauwens said:

My issue is a little different, I'm not able to batch process more than 12 photos at a time. When I try to do more photos it just keeps loading, saying it's applying macros, but they never finish applying. Any ideas? (I'm using a maxed out 2018 MBP)

If you have Parallel Processing enabled for your batch job, try disabling it by unchecking the box:
image.png.5e601a0ad3ef41d80477d3ca8c9473d4.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi stevenbauwens,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you don't mind installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta, can you please try it again with the Parallel processing option turned on?
Here's the link to the latest Beta just in case you are willing to give it a try. Let us know if you still experience the same issue. Thanks.

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi stevenbauwens,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you don't mind installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta, can you please try it again with the Parallel processing option turned on?
Here's the link to the latest Beta just in case you are willing to give it a try. Let us know if you still experience the same issue. Thanks.

Hi there! So I did try to install the Beta version and now it does work with Parallel Processing. Perfect, another issue fixed! I can't wait for the day that Affinity will become the industry Standard :)

• 1 year later...

Hey there, 

I have the Affinity Photo app on my iPad Pro, but I haven't bought the desktop version yet ($$$) is there any way for me to batch process my .afphoto files to jpegs, which are all in a folder on my desktop now, without having the Affinity desktop app? Please say there is. This is going to make my head explode otherwise, and I need it for work.