Mrgiedrnkr

Crashing almost instantly

I am banging my head in frustration.  Affinity is letting me open a document but crashes within a minute no matter what activity I am doing.  I made sure I was upgraded to 1.6.5.  I made sure I updated my iOS (11.2.5) and I rebooted my iPad.  I get in, see my projects, select one and then within about 30 seconds I crash.

Is there anyway to get logs to you?

Stacy

Same problem here. I open AP, and open any project or image. If i make one change to the open project and try to go back to save or close file, crash.  Can’t get around it. Would love an update or help.  

Ipad 10.5” ios 11.2.1

I worked a lot yesterday in Affinity iPad, with only a few crashes. Now this morning, Affinity just crashes and crashese and crashes and crashes. I can not work at all. 

Please help.

(iPad pro 12.9, everything newest versions. 100% charge on iPad and pencil. )

Hi Mrgiedrnkr,

Glad you're back up and running. If you do stumble into this again you can find the crash reports to post on the forum by doing the following:

1. On your iPhone, navigate to the Settings app
  2. Go to Privacy
  3. Go to Analytics
  4. Go to Analytics Data
  5. You will see an alphabetical list all crash logs on your device. Find the one that corresponds to Photo - I believe they have the crash time and date in the filename. Doing a long press should allow you to select all of the text and copy it to your clipboard to save into a file or forum post.

Highrise and Lars Daniel,

Could you try getting the crash reports using the above method and send them to us please? Once you've done this save out any of your open documents and then could you try trashing and reinstalling the app please? Be aware that trashing the app will remove any open files hence the reason for saving any open documents!

Hi ! 

I also had a bunch of crashes when saving my files mostly, or sometimes when starting heavy task on documents with a dozen layers. I have also one particularly file where I'm stucked: I can open it, do any editing I want but as soon as I return to the app's project manager, it crashes.

I've attached a bunch of crash logs, hope it will helps !

Anyway, thanks for this great piece of software !

AffinityPhotoiPadCrashes.zip

Just a quick follow-up to say that I've managed to fix my problem with the particular file that kept crashing all the time with the following steps:

1) In the project manager, tap the burger menu (bottom right) and select "Save a copy" (first time, it was stuck in the loading state, I kill the app and retry and it works)
2) Select a location in iCloud Storage
3) Hit the + button to create a new project, select "Import from Cloud" and select the saved copy
4) Open it, edit it, save it => no crash anymore :17_heart_eyes:

The old file is still crashing but I can now delete it and use the new one. No need to reinstall the app entirely.

On 05/01/2018 at 0:32 AM, GrumZ said:

Just a quick follow-up to say that I've managed to fix my problem with the particular file that kept crashing all the time with the following steps:

1) In the project manager, tap the burger menu (bottom right) and select "Save a copy" (first time, it was stuck in the loading state, I kill the app and retry and it works)
2) Select a location in iCloud Storage
3) Hit the + button to create a new project, select "Import from Cloud" and select the saved copy
4) Open it, edit it, save it => no crash anymore :17_heart_eyes:

The old file is still crashing but I can now delete it and use the new one. No need to reinstall the app entirely.

Thats a very similar way I tackle the crash on save thingy. I normally export to PSD across to my computer through Filebrowser and then reopen/import it in AP. Bugs are gone and back to work as usual. I normally save to PSD so I atleast have a chance to open the file in PS if all else fails.