You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble With Importing AP tiff files into QuarkXpress 2017 on Mac

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing a problem with importing tiff image files created in Affinity Photo into QuarkXpress 2017. I've processed hundreds of hi res jpg images in AP, converting them from RGB to CMYK and the size to 300 dpi. Export the files as tiffs. 98% of these files are "recognized" by QuarkXpess. The 2% show as 1dpi. Kind of baffled. This workflow with AP has been fine into InDesign. Not sure what's going or if it's a QuarkXpress problem. I chose QuarkXpress a few months ago because I had to upgrade to a newer Mac and older versions of CS won't work properly on Mac OS High Sierra (Not looking for a workaround, and yes, patiently waiting for Affinity Publisher). For the time being I'm running Affinity Photo and Designer in conjunction with QuarkXpress on new Mac and have CS5 running on Yosemite on MacBook Pro (also with Affinity Photo and Designer). When I export the converted images as PDFs from AP there's no problem importing those into QuarkXpress although QuarkXpress is still showing them at a lower resolution than the files actually are.

Am I missing something? Bad workflow? Barking up the wrong tree? I'm going to post this to Quark as well to see if there's an issue on their side. 

An update. The image has a set resolution of 1x1 dpi. The issue is twofold. (1) APhoto by default doesn't change the DPI metadata even if the image has the resolution changed from, in this case, the 1x1 dpi to another value unless the More button is pressed and the Embed metadata checkbox is unchecked. APhoto should change the metadata to reflect the document setting even if that setting is checked.

(2) Q fails to account for the faulty metadata by using a fallback default OS resolution in such cases and doesn't allow such an image to fill a frame.

Mike