shojtsy

Color picker picks neighboring pixel's color

Issue #1:

In AF 1.6.1.93 in RGBA/16 with a single pixel layer and nothing else, I use color picker from the Color panel (not from tool palette) and get incorrect behavior as demonstrated by the screenshots below.

The color picked seems to be offset with one pixel compared to the box shown. See that the RGB values for the blue boundary are still showing the same white values as outside the blue boundary.

Problem only happens if dragging onto the image area, not when dragging the eyedropper to gui elements. Problem is independent from zoom level, happens with 100% as well.

color_picker1.jpg

color_picker2.jpg

color_picker3.jpg

Issue #2:

In AF 1.6.1.93 in RGBA/16 have a single pixel layer and nothing else.

When using the Color Picker tool from the tool icon palette, and set a radius other than 1*1 in the tool settings header. If you single-click the image area, the averaged color is picked as expected. However if you click-drag in the image area, you get the magnifying glass and get to select more precisely the picked position (good) however you loose the averaging (bad). The color picked with click-dragging (and magnifying glass) ignores the radius setting, which must be a bug.

Hi Shojtsy,

The first is a known issue that is with development to be fixed - I'll get that bumped. As for the second I don't believe we're aware of that so I shall get it passed on to development. Thanks for letting us know.

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Missing elements when importing EPS) of the program in the latest Windows customer beta of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. 

The 1.8.0.526 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.