You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Adjustment Layers Problem

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but looking through tutorials didn't produce an answer to my question.

I've been trying to figure out how to use the adjustment layers in affinity designer with no luck. So for example, if I select 'Brightness and Contrast' a mask layer appears, but no tools appear to make  any kind of adjustment.

What am I doing wrong? Example file attached.

adjustments.afdesign

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Trying to delete this thread so I can post it in bugs ..

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

• Staff

Hi Martigny,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The adjustment is correctly applied. to the Image later (parent). Now to edit/adjust it, expand the Image layer clicking on the small arrow on the left of the thumbnail so you can see the adjustment layer (if it's not already expanded), then double click the adjustment layer thumbnail. This will open an adjustment dialog with several sliders to adjust.

Hiya MEB ... seasons greetings to you.

This doesn't work. Double clicking on the thumbnail should open the sliders but it doesn't.

Have reinstalled AD twice.

Accidently discovered that when AD opens up on my main screen, it works. But I work on a larger secondary screen and when I drag the program over it works, only if the slider is left on the main screen. If I drag the program over to my larger screen before opening a document, it doesn't work at all. Having said all that. Once the program - with an open document - is dragged over to my secondary screen the file becomes corrupt and I have to close and re-open it and for some reason the slider still works but opens up on the first screen.

Does that sound weird? Of course it does! But at least I've found a way to use it and can get on with my work. No updated drivers available for my secondary screen (viewsonic vx2363) - was hoping a driver update might solve the problem.

Onwards ... ever onwards!

22 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Martigny,

This is a known issue (external screen) that we are still investigating. It's has been reported a few times already. I'm sorry for the incoveninece.

Thank goodness it's not only me. In the meantime, I can at least use it now, albeit on the other screen. Thanks for the reply.