You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Configureable Monochrome Dithering

Good evening and merry christmas!

I have just purchased Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, the latter during the End Of Year Sale and I am very statisfied, moving over from Adobe software that I have given up on, due to their new subscription-only business model that I was not happy with.

This request is primarily releated to Affinity Photo, but it would surely make a nice addition to Affinity Design too.

Having to use monochrome images for certain processes that can only print monochrome, I like dithering a lot. I was pleased to see that Affinity Photo comes with a monochrome dithering filter.

However, I am a bit disappointed that there is no configuration options for said filter, such as changing the type of dithering and adjusting other parameters associated with monochrome dithering.

I would be very pleased if a few more settings could be added with a future release.

Best regards,

Benedikt

11 minutes ago, Fixx said:

HyperDither for mac is also quite good. 

The normal problem with dither 1-bit images is that with small dot sizes it is hard to estimate dot growth when printing.

I will give it a try. However, I am only using Affinity on Windows.

Affinity having good control over the output file's DPI settings, should be able to handle dot sizes quite well, as long as you use correct DPI values.

It would really be great if such fine tuning of the already present function could be archived. I am sure they have the functionality there and just using predetermined values right now.