You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best way for gifting a license?

Hi mates,

I'm a proud owner of AF for windows.

Now, I want to gift the same software to my parents. Whats the best way to do that?

Sign in using my account and buy a new license for them, or better creating a new account?

I don't remember if the software asks for the email during the first installation, and in this case maybe looks better using one of their email adress instead of mine (so, for doing in this way I should take their laptop at midnight... I'm not sure haha).

What do you think?

While I white for your answers I'm going to make a custom "software gift card" :D

Thanks in advance!

Each of the Windows desktop versions of the Affinity apps comes with a product key which is tied to the email address associated with the purchase, so the best way forward is to use one of your parents' email addresses. I don't think there's any way for you to hide the invoice from them if you do this, so you may well want to take their laptop and intercept the email acknowledgement of your order!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

17 minutes ago, rintin said:

.......ainsi, je devrais prendre leur ordinateur portable à minuit .. Je ne suis pas sûr haha).

Bonsoir.

Il faut  dire à vos parents qu'à Noël, il y a une recrudescence de virus et  Malwares. Dans leu intérêt, vous voulez vérifier.:D:D

Noooon! Je plaisante.

Joyeux réveillon. à vous. 

14 minutes ago, rintin said:

Done! Hope they like it as much as me xD

Do you mean you hope they like it as much as you like it, or you hope they like it as much as they like you, or both?? :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)