You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Amazon Drive does not show up

In the Files app, my Amazon Drive shows up with all my images, but once I go to Affinity and select Open From Cloud, it does not show up even though the other cloud locations show up. Is there a way to refresh the location list?

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey Gary,

It isn't possible to use Amazon Drive within Affinity for now. I'm not sure if it will be an option in the future. The only thing you can do at the moment is open an image from Amazon Drive using the Open With feature from the Amazon Drive app.

• Staff

Hi Gary,

I'm going to correct myself here. So it looks like it is possible to have Amazon Drive show up, however, I've noticed that in build 68 it does show up in Affinity. In build 69 it does not show in Affinity. It looks like we've changed/broken something between these builds. I'll have a chat with dev and see what may have gone wrong. Sorry about this. 

• Staff

I took a quick look into this and it's because we open files in-place now as opposed to just importing it. This requires apps like Amazon Drive to fully support the Files app which it hasn't yet. Both DropBox, and Google Drive do, OneDrive will show up but doesn't really support the full functionality of Files. Unfortunately, this requires Amazon to update their app.

I will probably put in an Import from iCloud as an extra option somewhere but you still can't export into Amazon Drive until Amazon update their app. As far as I can see there's no way to actually put files into Amazon Drive from the Files app, no paste option nor will drag-drop work.

Andrew, the current beta does not allow opening files stored on Dropbox either. You can access them but when you tap to download them, it just spins indefinitely. Not sure if this is a Dropbox issue or an AP issue?

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.