You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Translation error in the Simplified Chinese version

In Affinity Photo, the term "develop" as in "develop persona" is translated as 开发, but the correct term here should be 成像 or 显影, because it's for photo development rather than say app development.

In Affinity Designer, the term "symbol" as a feature is translated as 符号, while technically not wrong, it's traditionally translated as 元件, or at least that's the translation used in Flash, which everyone got used to.

• Staff

@FlameRat,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. Thank you for your useful information. I will bring it to the attention of the translation expert @pauls to have it checked

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 years later...

I am now using Affinity Photo version 1.10.4.1198, in 2022, and still find that translation error, as reported above by @FlameRat back to 2017, unfortunately. It seems to me ridiculous to translate the term "develop" in photograph to the term "develop" in programming. And the suggestion by @FlameRat looks much better. Could you help update the tranlation in Chinese? Thank you.