You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Newbie needs features update, has suggestions

I've been using Photoshop & CorelDraw. Saw a promo video for Affinity and thought I would check it out, found some great features and some areas that really don't work for me. I've briefly looked at the forum and seen some references but don't know the status of the following:

1. Why images don't open at 100%, I know you can go to view and click 100% but what possible reason could there be to default to a different resolution?
2. I would suggest that when rulers are selected they be shown inside the image window with guidelines from the crop cursor to the ruler - uninterrupted. Works great in PhotoShop.

3. Another feature in PhotoShop I use a lot is to be able to toggle between Actual Pixels - Fit In Screen - Print Size. I often save parts of an image for different purposes and easy access lets me double check correct look for that purpose.

4. I would also suggest for your video tutorials you use a larger cursor with contrasting colors. I find it very difficult to both follow what is being said and trying to find the cursor so I can see what is being said.

Regards

Barry U