You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello Forum,

I purchased Designer back in September and have been loving it. Unfortunately, the more advanced my projects get, the slower my computer runs. I currently have a Gateway SX2110G running Windows 10 Home with AMD E1-1500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.48 GHz, 6.00 GB (5.71 GB usable), 500 GB HDD. I now realize the processing speed is just not enough as there is a lot of lag with practically every operation I do in Designer. I have been looking for a new desktop computer and have narrowed it down to two that fit in my budget.

Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Home with 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i3-7100 processor (3MB Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) Intel® HD Graphics 630 with shared graphics memory, 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, 1TB (64MB Cache) 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s

HP Pavilion Desktop - 570-p094 Windows 10 Home with AMD Quad-Core A12-9800 APU (3.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz burst frequency, 2 MB cache), AMD Radeon™ R7 Graphics, 8 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB), 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? I am hoping that either one of these will be able to handle Designer. I have double checked the system requirements for Designer for Windows and do not see any requirements/recommendations for processor speed.  

Also, after I make this purchase, how can I transfer my license to my new computer? 

Thanks in advance for any input.

Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641, Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703 HP Pavilion AMD A-12-9800 Radeon R7, 3.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro

• Staff

Hi Flock17,

Both of these computers will be able to run Designer without any problems, personally I would go for the HP as it has a dedicated video card and this will not use up any system RAM.

You can use Affinity Designer for Windows on any Windows computers you own or control by ONE person. More information can be found here: https://affinity.store/help/

6 hours ago, DWright said:

You can use Affinity Designer for Windows on any Windows computers you own or control by ONE person.

Please correct me if I've misunderstood, but my reading of the usage restrictions is that any number of people may make non-commercial use of the software installed on one of the computers owned or controlled by the licensee, with the requirement for a separate licence for each user only applying to commercial use.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)