What does affinity 3D do can someone explain it seems confusing 

Is the offset tool coming and when 

What about the warp tool and perspective coming anytime soon 

Hi Seanb,

Welcome to the Affinity forum.

The 3D effect adds both light and shade making your drawing look like it's sticking out. It might not be as noticeable with solid colors, but it is more noticeable with gradients. Below is an older drawing showing the difference between no 3D effect and with a 3D effect.

3D.thumb.png.60eb0f25ed2e3459ddd69faa4c177902.png

As for your other questions, there is no given time for those releases, but they will come out before the first paid update, version 2.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

On 24/12/2017 at 1:55 AM, Bri-Toon said:

Below is an older drawing showing the difference between no 3D effect and with a 3D effect.

The problem with the 3D effect is that it only works around the edges of a shape. You can see this clearly if you observe how flat most of Angie's left leg is in that drawing.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

@Alfred

Yes, and it makes sense for the 3D effect to work that way. It shows up better on more advanced editing. Something I tried doing in another one of my works is gradient, clipped objects, and THEN the 3D effect. However, I also applied the 3D effect to the clips themselves so the edged effect isn't as obvious, but that would make the difference of color not flow together. So in that case, I took the Transparency Tool and tried to have them blend. The more edits, the more the 3D pops out.

@seanb

So I would say the 3D effect is quite useful, but it does involve some advanced edits before hand. The example I showed is a basic example of how it would look on an overall drawing, but to have the 3D really pop out, it would involve each object (my method anyway).

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!