e011011000110110001101111

Designer | Guideline display bug

The gist of it is no matter what document I'm in (including a brand new file) whenever I use the ARTISTIC text tool, all my guides disappear. This doesn't happen with the frame text tool. I can switch between them and see it happen with artistic and not happen with frame. To get the guides back, I've got to switch to another tool and select another shape. I'm attaching a short video for clarity.

In case it's important, all these documents have artboards in them. I pretty much exclusively use artboards.

I've got no idea what's up with this but for some reason I started experiencing this today. I'm nearly positive it's localized to my home machine (I'll test tomorrow at the shop) but I would like to log it just in case. I know this wasn't happening yesterday, or even earlier today, on this machine.

Ninja Edit: I just noticed that deleting guides from the Guide Manager is super glitchy. Even when I make the guides visible again, the trashcan won't activate unless I create another guide (or drag one in). I'm also seeing negative guides persist (i.e., off the artboard), which isn't something I remember happening before.

Stuff I've done:

• Reset ALL user settings (holding ⌃ while launching Designer)
  • Deleted/reinstalled app
  • Looked for all pref files and deleted them
  • Restarted a few times
  • After all this, I tried with a number of different documents & saw the same behavior
  • I also created new blank docs & saw the same behavior

I know I'm missing a pref file somewhere because Designer knows what my previously opened files were, but I haven't spent a ton of time to locate anything but the low hanging fruit. My guess is if someone knowledgeable can tell me where ALL Designer files live this issue will be resolved…

Thanks ahead of time,

Scott 

UPDATE 171227: I installed the beta hoping this issue would be cleared up, and it was. So either there's an actual bug in the App Store version, or I've got a corrupted pref file that I can't find. I would really appreciate it if a mod or someone knowledgeable can respond to this with the locations of all pref files so I can test my theory out. Thanks!

---

macOS 10.13.2

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

Affinity Designer 1.6.0

affinity designer display bug.mov

Edited by e011011000110110001101111
Added tags and an update

Hi e011011000110110001101111

when using artboards the guides only display for that selected artboard. In your video when you add the artistic text it is being added above the artbaord not in it so it is classed as not selected hence the guides disappearing. Reselecting the artboard in the layers tab will show the guides again. the issue here is that artistic text is not being placed as part of the artboard like it probably should so I shall see if this has been reported and log it if not

thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com