McKenzie

Layers Not Visible in Nikon RAW files

I cannot see any layers after opening a Nikon NEF/RAW file in Affinity 1.6.6 on my Macbook Pro (both layers panel and layers menu)

I have tried to reset the Studio, but this makes no difference. Layers are not the only menu drop downs that are missing from the menu bar. I can only see 5 menu drop downs instead of the usual 11.

I have the same issue with two different Macbook Pros, running different operating systems and with NEF/RAW files from multiple Nikon DSLRs.

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks

Hi McKenzie,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

When you open a RAW file in Affinity Photo it opens in Develop Persona (you can think of this as a workspace - see this video tutorial for more details) where you develop/convert/process the RAW into an image. The menus/feature/panels available here are different from the ones you find in Photo Persona, which is where you further edit the image using the usual photo retouching tools (the edits you made in Develop Persona are mostly global (adjust exposure, shadow and highlighytes recovery, white balance etc). It's on this Photo Persona that you will find the Layers panel and the other menus you mentioned available. I advise you to take a look at the Official Affinity Photo Video Tutorials (in the order they appear) to understand how Affinity Photo makes use of Personas.