You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Live filters - detail rulers don't appear most of the time

Please respond to this topic.
I continuously have problems with live filters. The modification tools do most of the time not show up. E.g. when using the Unsharp Mask Filter (chosen by Layer Menu/New Live filter Layer/Unsharp Mask Filter, or by clicking the Live Filters in the right column next to Layer effects) I expect to see the Radius and factor rulers. None appears. Instead I get a triangle glider that helps me sharpen the image by gliding to the right or the left … but that’s not what I want, I need the rulers.

At school, where I follow AP lessons, they 'always' show up on the PC, at home on my PC, they 'most of the time' don’t. When I restart my PC they 'somethimes do on some pictures.

live filters.PNG

live filters_rulers visible.PNG

Edited by PixelDude Raoul
completion

A nice picture doesn't have to be a 'technical good' one, but 'different' from all other ones.

Mother earth is a source of life, not a resource.

www.pixeldude.be

Do you sometimes use a second monitor with your PC, with the filter window displayed on the secondary one? If so, it sounds like an issue some users have had where the window appears on the secondary monitor even when it is not connected. The 'fix' for this is to reconnect the second monitor, drag the window(s) back onto the primary one. You can then disconnect the second monitor & the window(s) should appear on the screen.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

This experience may be interesting for the developers.

I noticed (not sure 100%) the following.

The AP program is installed on my laptop, the image of the program is shown on the second screen.

I have several places to open the AP program: fixed on the lower bar on the laptop, by a shortcut on the desktop of the laptop but also on the lower bar of the second monitor.

Method 1
When I use the lower bar on the laptop to open the program, the AP logo with indication of the version appears on the laptop, but the program itself on the second monitor. Then none of the Live Filters pop up.
Method 2

When I use the lower bar of the second monitor to open the AP program, both the AP logo with the version and the program itself opens on the second monitor. The Live Filters pop up.

A nice picture doesn't have to be a 'technical good' one, but 'different' from all other ones.

Mother earth is a source of life, not a resource.

www.pixeldude.be