Fred Lespine

[AD] [AP] Misc illustrations

Mazinger Z !  (Tranzor Z ?) well, it has some resemblance .... 

My childhood memories....

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

As a kid, I had many comic books (hard cover, high quality) from the episodes... I believe in my country it was run first time like in the 70s, lol. We didn't know here manga was a thing (for us it was just cartoons), indeed we had like two TV channels, lol.

The comics were almost better than the show!

I'm sorry not to know about that Grendizer... 

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Grendizer is also known as Grandizer, Goldorak or Goldrake. Same family and same creator, the great Go Nagai :78_robot:
I remember them.. from the 70's :4_joy: I'm not very young... The first TV show I saw was... well in 1978. :D

On 7/11/2019 at 7:34 PM, Fred Lespine said:

Grendizer is also known as Grandizer, Goldorak or Goldrake. Same family and same creator, the great Go Nagai :78_robot:
I remember them.. from the 70's :4_joy: I'm not very young... The first TV show I saw was... well in 1978. :D

Yep, around that year, maybe even before is when I remember Mazinger Z show reached our main TV channels. But I was a kid, I don't remember well the starting year.

Edit: Actually, it was in 1978, just checked. Incredible. It was censored for "excessive violence" after a bunch of episodes. LOL. They'd tremble with anything today's standards... Seems originally was first shown in Japan in 1972.

All freakin' hand drawn, japanese style. I don't like manga very much, but one can make exceptions.... :D

Superb! Or superbe, if you prefer. thumbup1.gif

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Fantastic...It was a pleasure to watch it evolve....and an impressive piece of vector work...and I can understand your wireframe!:)

APh & AD 1.7.1.445 + Beta AD 1.7.2.464 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.2.464
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.2.458

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.08.1(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

Thank you very much Stuart. :)
The background uses some tricks : 3 different skylines then a lot of sticks with various thickness. The blur effects helps a lot. The main difficulty that slowed down my process was to use a 3 points perspective. I couldn't just copy and paste some vertical sticks, they all had to match the 3rd point.  But that's the fun of it too ;)
I can post the outline artwork of each layer separately,  if some of you are interested.

Love the cars! I’m a super newbie in AD but im looking to draw with my pencil instead of using pre made shapes. Do I explain it well? Do you have any sketches with the pencil?

Hi,
With AD, I'm using mostly the pen tool and some shapes (ellipses most of the time), all done with the mouse. I work a lot with the node tool as well. So I don't have any clue about how to use the pencil tool yet (I will probably give a try one day).

When I draw raster (bitmap) images, I'm using AP and a simple small Wacom Intuos tablet (like the furniture or Santa Claus in previous pages).
I have a different workflow depending if I draw vector or raster image, and I don't mix it, at least not yet. Maybe later with some new experiments. The common thing is that I always start with traditional sketches, handmade, that I trace.