Fred Lespine

[AD] [AP] Misc illustrations

Damn. That's a wonderful, wonderful selection o' art. You have a great eye for design and realising it through the tools in AD. Excellent stuff.

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at eejits.etsy.com

Hi Everyone,
This freaky Mickey mouse :77_alien: is an example I made in order to introduce my students to digital painting. It's unfinished and will stay this way indeed. It was done in Affinity Photo although the students use Photoshop. I tried to gave them the basics of digital painting and I also taught them that the software is not very important. ;)
Unfortunately our school is not using (yet?) Affinity software.

Mickey_Fred_01.jpg

Mickey_Fred_02.jpg

On 12/22/2017 at 8:34 AM, Fred Lespine said:

Hello everyone,

Here's some works I've done with AD and AP.

Pumpkin_Car.jpg

Carz_compo_2.jpg

Memphis_monsters_compo.jpg

the final triptych is a step forward compared to your other illustrations, pursue that style!!  bravo

Very nice work indeed.
The wireframe is testament to your skill in creating something that looks so great with so ‘few’ objects. (I know there are a lot of objects but I would have guessed that it would have required way more.) Shows the power of Designer nicely too.

Thank you. :)
Actually I often duplicate the objects in order to obtain nice effects in lighting. Since they're one above each over, the wireframe looks quite clean but in some case there are 2 layers : one shape for the main color (including gradient if necessary), then a copy on the top with plain light color and transparency settings (a lot of the green light reflections are done this way).

The latest drawings are immaculate....

APh & AD 1.7.1.404 + Beta AD 1.7.2.424 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.2.424
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.2.422

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.06.3(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

On 6/17/2019 at 9:54 AM, Fred Lespine said:

Thank you. :)
Actually I often duplicate the objects in order to obtain nice effects in lighting. Since they're one above each over, the wireframe looks quite clean but in some case there are 2 layers : one shape for the main color (including gradient if necessary), then a copy on the top with plain light color and transparency settings (a lot of the green light reflections are done this way).

That's nice insight information. For someone like me who is no where near the talent you display here is great piece of advie on how to achieve lighting effects in vectors. 

You have pretty nice drawings displayed on this thread, thanks for sharing them.

Hello Everyone,

This one is a work in progress, a quite "froggy" fanart of Pacman xD. I will probably give a try with the teeth, like I did in my original sketch. But it's quite challenging. The ghosts faces were also probably more funny in the sketch but I had to chose between drawing a face or having the clothes effects.

pacman_wip_01.jpg

46 minutes ago, Fred Lespine said:

I will probably give a try with the teeth, like I did in my original sketch.

For what it’s worth, I prefer it without the teeth! :218_frog:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)