Fred Lespine

[AD] [AP] Misc illustrations

Nicely done. I’m another one who particularly likes the cars, although the oval wheels on the middle one in the set of three look like they promise a rather uncomfortable ride!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

Hello everyone,

Here's a new experiment with AP.  It took me too long, the original sketches were done 3 years ago.  I started the digital part months ago then just came back to it recently, . The problem is that i didn't remember which brushes I used at the beginning, so it lacks of unity.
I also rushes a little bit, probably because I wanted to finish it anyway, and not let it in the unfinished cellar with a lot of his "friends" :/

Chinese_God.jpg

5 hours ago, Fred Lespine said:

Hello everyone,

Here's a new experiment with AP.  It took me too long, the original sketches were done 3 years ago.  I started the digital part months ago then just came back to it recently, . The problem is that i didn't remember which brushes I used at the beginning, so it lacks of unity.
I also rushes a little bit, probably because I wanted to finish it anyway, and not let it in the unfinished cellar with a lot of his "friends" :/

Chinese_God.jpg

My friend, you have improved. 

Your painting was already great but these new ones are beautiful. 

Now please take this as a glimpse of wisdom from someone who likes your work, I believe you should learn and do animation of these using Fusion 9 or any similar software... Spine maybe! 

Never be the Same Again !
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 - VIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6  - Affinity Designer + Affinity Photo + Affinity Publisher + Snagit 2019 + Camtasia 2018 + Movavi Video Editor Business 15

It was worth finishing ..nice result

APh & AD 1.6.5.123 + Beta AD 1.7.0.258 | APh 1.6.5.123 + Beta AP 1.7.0.258
APu 1.7.0.257 Beta

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 18.10.2 (Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.33-3

5 minutes ago, Fred Lespine said:

Another one... Yep... again.

Great stuff, Fred, but ... where’s the torero? :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.1.4 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Everyone,

This time it's a work in progress that I share. I'm currently working on a retro sci-fi illustration with AD.
I'm not very fast and it takes a lot of time... My workflow, as usual, starts with a basic (tiny) sketch, then tracing then coloring. I did the city directly in AD. Not sure if I will add more details to it since the "vehicle" will be the main focus.

SpaceCar_WIP_01.jpg
SpaceCar_WIP_02.jpg

SpaceCar_WIP_03.jpg

3 minutes ago, Fred Lespine said:

Almost done, but I may add details later.

What do you think is missing, Fred? It looks great to me as it is!

Alfred online2long.gif