You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Launch Affinity Photo from digiKam?

Anyone using digiKam for photo management on the Windows platform?  Is there any way to have digiKam launch Affinity Photo for editing? The lack of a DAM component in  Affinity is a source of frustration for me and it appears many others. digiKam seems like a good solution for DAM but I'm not finding an a way to integrate with Affinity photo. At this point all I'm trying to do is be able to launch Affinity from  digiKam; seems like it should be easy???. Thanks.

3 hours ago, mjl said:

@IanSG I found out that you can launch Affinity automatically if it is set up as Window's default photo application - which can be accomplished via the Windows setting. 

Thanks for the tip - sadly, it doesn't seem to work for me, it just uses the internal editor :(.  How are you going from digiKam to AP?

<edit>

Sorted - thank you!  It's <Windows Key>F4

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

What I did was edit the toolbar and add a toolbar entry "Open With Default Application". Then I went to Windows 10 "Default App Settings" (you can just search for this setting in lower left Windows search area) and made the default  Photos app Affinity Photo. If you don;t want to do that another option is to use the digiKam toolbar to find the photo in its source  folder, then right mouse context in the folder and pick Open with ... and choose Affinity.

3 hours ago, mjl said:

. If you don;t want to do that another option is to use the digiKam toolbar to find the photo in its source  folder, then right mouse context in the folder and pick Open with ... and choose Affinity.

That's the option that's missing form digiKam 5.7.0 (at least it is on my PC) - there's no "Open with"!  Previously, you could define a default editor within digiKam and have the option of using that, the internal editor or select something completely different.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

• 5 years later...