LOGICBit

Sony DSC-RX1RM2 ARW Files load as HDR files

I have a Sony RX1RM2 (RX1RII). I shoot Raw Compressed.

The files are 42MP and display as HDR and all white in Affinity 1.6.6.

I have included a screenshot showing a sample image in OSX 10.11.6 Finder (left) and Affinity (right).

This camera takes beautiful images unfortunately my favorite photo editor does not display images this camera takes unless they are JPG. My Canon 5D RAW files work just fine. 

Affinity-SonyRX1RM2-ARW.png

It would be great to get a response to this issue from anyone before I lose it and trash support online. Not really but I do expect a timely response.

I'm a CEO of a software company so no excuses for poor support. None! We are number one in our market and I expect Affinity would like to be as well. It all starts with fantastic support.

Does this help?

It looks like it is with development to investigate

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Hi LOGICBit

As carl123 has pointed out this has been reported to us already so we are aware. I have added your information to our report. There is a good chance that this is caused by the use of compressed RAW, we generally have a bit of a hard time handling the compressed files

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thank you for the response. That being said. This could have been real quick by anyone in support simply replying with "There is a good chance that this is caused by the use of compressed RAW" in the first place instead of sending me link to another discussion which by the way makes no mention of the problem and potential solution which is easily solved by not using raw compressed. Just my point. 

Hi LOGICBit

carl123 is another forum user who was trying to provide assistance not a member of Serif. Whilst I can understand it is frustrating, your post was made over a holiday period where a lot of staff, including myself, would have had time off. I replied to your post on the day of my return, I apologise it could have not been sooner but we are a very small company so it can be difficult during this period

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com