You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sneak peeks for 1.7

THis feature is available in Photo but missing from designer.   You can send it to “edit in Photo” to use the perspective tool and them go back but the artwork area will be rasterized>>>

Which is not the purpose of it.. :(

Willy Pimentel
M1 Imac 16gb Mac os Ventura Latest 

Well. Yeah. That's about as useful as a cup of decaf.
Seriously, this isn't a new technology for drawing software. Even the Open Source Inkscape features a cube tool whose result can be set and reset at any perspective, and subsequent 3D boxes adhere to the same vanishing point as the first in the document. Which is hardly thrilling until you notice that they make a good template for text and other shapes.

Bucket list? Please? Please?

box tool.png

new-AD-slug.png.458b94d5dc178383711ce27afd725aae.png

Well to be fair, Inkscape first came out in 2003. Affinity came out in 2014. It hasn't been out that long, so it's understandable that 3D editing wasn't provided on its early releases.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

I don't care to see anything akin to the cheezy Cube Tool in Inkscape as an excuse for a converging perspective solution. Things like that are far less than the depth of the parallel perspective axes and grids feature previewed in this thread. I'm sure that if a converging perspective feature is planned for Affinity, it will be worth waiting for.

Frankly, I find the software-independent concept of Lazy Nezumi Pro more sophisticated. Have you tried that? You may be surprised at the construction you can do with it in a vector drawing program. In Affinity, just set the Pen to Line Mode and start drawing your perspective rays.

JET

is there any news on what text tools are coming in 1.7 yet as I would love bullets and numbers to be added in (I know you can use emoji and character viewer but a native way way of doing this would be great p.s if this is already in 1.6 can somebody tell me how to use it because I haven't found it) 

plus in addition I would like a way to use your own assets as bullets to be added to text easily.

I'm hoping with them developing publisher (hope we get it this year, fingers crossed) that we get something like bullets and numbers.

And a Thank you to the affinity / serif team for such great products.

3 minutes ago, Sim3D said:

I'm hoping with them developing publisher (hope we get it this year, fingers crossed) that we get something like bullets and numbers.

We’ve been told that Affinity Publisher will be released to public beta in the next few months, and that the bullets and numbering feature from Publisher will be added to the other apps in the suite, but whether we’ll see it first in the existing apps is anybody’s guess.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

3 hours ago, JET_Affinity said:

Frankly, I find the software-independent concept of Lazy Nezumi Pro more sophisticated. Have you tried that? You may be surprised at the construction you can do with it in a vector drawing program. In Affinity, just set the Pen to Line Mode and start drawing your perspective rays.

Sadly, it's only for Windows so I can't use it, but I did play with it when I was a Windows user. Taking another look on their website, they have so many good ideas. That scripting graph!

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

23 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

Taking another look on their website, they have so many good ideas.

All the more amazing, given that “they” seem to be a one-man band!

Alfred spacer.png

On 1/9/2018 at 5:22 PM, Sven Kalkschmidt said:

Will we also be able to use the align tools on nodes?

Still missing the ability to move a node pressing spacebar while pulling the handles (like in AI). It really makes tweaking curves a lot easier/faster.

cheers,

Sven

+1

Count me in. This is a very Important feature for all vector software.

6 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

They are probably going to release 1.7 with APub BETA.

I hope so. Maybe, even, 2.0 with retail version of Publisher? :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

1 minute ago, owenr said:

AD 2 will be after completion of the AD 1 roadmap, which is likely to be many years away.

And when do you think it will be -- after 1.7 or 1.9 or 1.99 or 1.999 or... :)

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

3 hours ago, Petar Petrenko said:

And when do you think it will be -- after 1.7 or 1.9 or 1.99 or 1.999 or... :)

I forget which staff member said it, but it was mentioned that after 1.9, there will be a 1.10, 1.11, so it still has a long way to go. My guess is that they will stop after they squeeze in all of the roadmap features or shortly after it.

51 minutes ago, Bri-Toon said:

I forget which staff member said it, but it was mentioned that after 1.9, there will be a 1.10, 1.11, so it still has a long way to go. My guess is that they will stop after they squeeze in all of the roadmap features or shortly after it.

I'm all for FREE updates as opposed to PAID upgrades.

51 minutes ago, InfoCentral said:

I'm all for FREE updates as opposed to PAID upgrades.

Everyone loves freebies, but Serif staff probably appreciate being paid occasionally! The money for that has to come from somewhere.

Alfred spacer.png

On 16.5.2018 at 11:02 PM, JET_Affinity said:

I find the software-independent concept of Lazy Nezumi Pro more sophisticated. Have you tried that?

Hi @JET_Affinity,

out of curiousity I installed the trial version (on Windows 10) and was not able to get it to work with AD, AI, Xara or MS 3D Paint.

Basically it did not work out to 'hook' to any of these programs and presented an error message instead.

Does this tool really work with AD on your computer?

Thanks,

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

2 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Everyone loves freebies, but Serif staff probably appreciate being paid occasionally! The money for that has to come from somewhere.

So, they will have to heat their chairs a little bit more.

Just a suggetion for your name here on the forum:  ALF. :)

45 minutes ago, dominik said:

Does this tool really work with AD on your computer?

I’m not JET (obviously!) but Lazy Nezumi Pro works with AD on my Windows 10 computer. Thanks to LNP, I was able to draw this in AD a couple of years ago.

Alfred spacer.png