Jana1912

(Crash Report file added) Affinity Photo 1.6.1.93 won't open and displays error message

Hello,

My name is Jana, I'm from Germany. I bought Affinity Photo about two months ago and everything worked out fine, I found no bugs. Until around last week suddenly I pounced on the following:

1. I clicked on the desctop Icon to open the program as usual

2. It showed the normal loading design (first Picture)

3. It displayed the following error message: (see second picture)

4. The Service terminal opened (third picture), where I should enter my email address and then describe my problem, which I did two times. Since then, no feedback from Affinity Photo and I find no ways in the internet or elsewhere to solve the problem.

EDIT: Someone in the forum advised to upload the crash report files. I attached them as well, I don't know which one is the right one so I included all four.

Could you tell me what it is and what I have to do now, in order to make it work again? My assumption is that the upgrade may be the cause, but I am not sure as I'm no tech-freak at all. I just want the program to start and work ;).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers, Jana

Unbenannt.PNG

Fehler.PNG

Terminal.PNG

1ec90406-9504-485d-9437-cabe08e85dae.dmp

9cd1bcf1-e811-4e6c-8882-47e887a553d5.dmp

64e0f4ba-c220-4e0a-a431-26dbaff881a1.dmp

0437a731-30b8-4154-8faf-fbcd9a15ed97.dmp

Can you try the following please :-

"If you go to file explorer in Windows and copy and past %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\user\ it will take you directly to the folder. Then if you rename the macros.propcol file to something else (can be anything). After you have done that go to %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Workspaces\Photo\ and rename the file WindowProfile.xml to something else also.

This should allow you to start the app up

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left