You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem I keep running into

RJ21

This is a minor problem and there are steps you can do to make sure it doesn't happen, but it's one that I might like to see fixed if you can.

When I open a picture I've scanned from a drawing into Affinity Designer, the layer containing the image always remains selectable, even if it's locked.  This leads to a situation where I'm accidentally selecting it and it starts drawing new lines and shapes on individual layers again instead of the layer I want them on.  This can be solved by cutting out the image I want to trace and pasting it into a seperate layer, then hiding the original layer, but that's an extra step that seems like it should be unneccessary considering that other layers are not selectable when locked.

This is just a minor gripe, but if you could find a way to correct it, I would appreciate it.  I'm new to the thing and still learning my way around, so I'm sure I'll come across other suggestions to make, but on the whole, I am pleased with the program.  I'm coming in from Illustrator and if not for the price of the Adobe CC, I might not have been looking to switch, but with so many of the vector art tools and functions being streamlined in this program, I can't imagine ever going back.  Once I actually get accustomed to the differences, I suspect it will significantly improve my work speed.