You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

is it possible to get a refund for the windows store version

I have spoken to someone from your team on twitter, I was under the impression that the windows store had better features but the same as the normal exe. I have found out that lightroom doesnt work plugins dont work and I also dont get to try beta's I would have rather payed the extra £10 for the exe version, I only paid for the windows store version because it was going to cost me less for the software and to top it now the serif store has the normal version for the same price. 

1 hour ago, tonyt3rry said:

just realised I cant get a reufund as I paid for the order using windows store cards so I wont be able to use the money to buy it from the affinity store its self

I would still expect you to be able to get a refund. Of course, as you noted, you won't be able to use it to purchase from the Affinity Store, but you could use it later for something else from the Microsoft Store.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

40 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I would still expect you to be able to get a refund. Of course, as you noted, you won't be able to use it to purchase from the Affinity Store, but you could use it later for something else from the Microsoft Store.

£80 of credit I wouldnt have no reason to buy anything from the windows store, I got it because I thought it was the only way of me buying affinity photo and designer really cheap. like I said I wasnt expecting it to be missing features and not to be on sale for the normal exe. I could have pirated the software but chose to support the developers 

5 minutes ago, tonyt3rry said:

I wasnt expecting it to be missing features

It isn't - the access from LR problem is caused by the limitations of the MS Store. Plugin support isn't affected - some plugins work, others don't, but it doesn't matter where you bought it.  There is a way to call AP from LR -  see this thread., though I'm hoping that can be improved.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10