You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

untill Publisher, how to best use Aff Photo and Indesign

Hi everyone,

So now i am happy to have a sneak peak of Publisher, and i am disapointed that we once again have to wait longer.

So if i have to go on using indesign, What s  the best workflow of Affinity Photo and Indesign together...    I Could use psd files instead of affinity native format as a standart fileformat. Now changing an embedded psd file comming from affinity photo, i could right click on the embedded image and chose in the right click menue,     "Open with".  I would have to search for the affinity Photo EXE  to open the psd with affinity photo..    hmm..   is there a way in Indesign, to make the open with affinity photo    sticky ? permanent ?  easy available ?  because right now it seems i allways have to search a long path for my affinity Photo app..    

At the moment, Photoshop still is installed togehter with indesign, so indesign tries naturaly to open the psd allways first with Photoshop. Could i change this behaviour somehow ? 

greetings Tom

Hi Tom,

I can answer the last part of your question If you're on a Mac, use Finder to find a .psd file. Right click on the file and choose "Get Info".  In the Info dialog box, you will see the option "Open With". Choose Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo. Once you've chosen that option, also click on the Change All button. That will change the default option from Photoshop to Affinity Designer or Affinity Photo.

If you're using Windows, someone else will hopefully respond.

I don't believe that AP or AD can open InDesign files. But they can open .psd files.

Diane

Affinity Photo, V 2.3.1    Affinity Designer, V 2.2 Affinity Publisher, V 2.3.1

Mac Book Air, Sonoma, 14.2.1