You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Workbook for Affinity for Ipad

I’ve got a very similar question. I am not sure if I want to use Affinity on my Mac, but I have it for the iPad and was wondering if the Workbook for Mac can be used to learn Affinity Photo on iPad, or if the differences are too big and the Mac book won’t be very useful to me.

• Staff
7 hours ago, Picnicmetoo said:

I wonder if there is a comparable one for the Ipad version or if it is in the works.

We don't have any current plans for an iPad workbook, of course this may change further down the line. 

8 minutes ago, JustMeJ said:

I have it for the iPad and was wondering if the Workbook for Mac can be used to learn Affinity Photo on iPad, or if the differences are too big and the Mac book won’t be very useful to me.

The photo manipulation techniques are true of both versions and most of the features described in the book are all in the iPad version, so yes this book can help, but Affinity Photo for iPad is not the target audience. Some of the chapters would be hard to follow, and there is no export persona so those bits are not relevant.

Also, although the techniques are transferable you will have a problem downloading and using the accompanying content distributed in zip files. So this workbook really not recommended for Affinity Photo for iPad owners, but is perfect for the Mac and Windows desktop Affinity Photo customers.

18 minutes ago, stokerg said:

The photo manipulation techniques are true of both versions and most of the features described in the book are all in the iPad version, so yes this book can help, but Affinity Photo for iPad is not the target audience. Some of the chapters would be hard to follow, and there is no export persona so those bits are not relevant.

Also, although the techniques are transferable you will have a problem downloading and using the accompanying content distributed in zip files. So this workbook really not recommended for Affinity Photo for iPad owners, but is perfect for the Mac and Windows desktop Affinity Photo customers.

Thank you so much for the explanation, Stokberg. I’d thought as much, but it’s good to hear it confirmed.