You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

layers panel - effects "fx" ui icon suggestion

In the layers panel, when you disable (not remove) some effects on a certain object it might be worth keeping the "fx" icon in the panel but maybe with a red "X" through it so you know there are some effects applied to it but are just disabled. That way with a click on that "fx" with a red "X" you can toggle the effects on and off right from the layers panel. Currently when I disable the effects, the icon disappears and I don't know which objects I have tried some effects on... This way, at a glance you are reminded which elements have effects applied but are turned off.

• Staff

Yes. That's something I find useful in photoshop. I'm sure someone can make it happen.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 3 years later...
On ‎2014‎-‎08‎-‎09 at 0:47 PM, MEB said:

Good suggestion. A toned down version of the same icon would do it without adding too much visual clutter.

I agree with you, that would be very useful.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

• Staff

And in three years, no one has mentioned it again, until now.

Little additions like this are easily overlooked unless they make it into one of our job lists, and then there are a lot of big features that are getting our attention.  I'll add it to my to-do list... which is quite long.

• iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 7 months later...
On 12/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, Ben said:

And in three years, no one has mentioned it again, until now

Little additions like this are easily overlooked unless they make it into one of our job lists, and then there are a lot of big features that are getting our attention.  I'll add it to my to-do list... which is quite long.

Well, I was just going by to see if this feature was somewhere because it's so basic that I couldn't believe a ON/OFF switch for FX didn't exist.

You do realize that the only a few people do take the TIME to register to a forum to do feature request?

So your "no one mentioned it again" is so disrespectful to those doing it...
Feel free to think that nobody wants it, but every designer I see trying Designer ditch it after a few minutes when they see stuff like that is missing...

• Staff

"Disrespectful"..?

So, all these designers who you see ditching Designer due to certain missing features - you don't refer them to the forum to register a request, but you can criticise us for not knowing (somehow) that certain missing features are more in demand than others that people are actually reporting?  How many designers have you seen ditching Designer exactly?  Are we talking hundreds, thousands... or two?

Ok.... so helpful.

• iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 3 years later...