You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 hours ago, IsabelAracama said:

Thanks a lot toltec - I wonder why they put it there now...  I think it's really hard to see. 

It is hard to see because there is nothing there to see -- you just have to know the well is a toggle. Not the best UI design in the world, is it? :/

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

11 hours ago, R C-R said:

It is hard to see because there is nothing there to see -- you just have to know the well is a toggle. Not the best UI design in the world, is it? :/

Indeed , hahaha... can say it louder but not clearer ;) - But why anyone would choose to do this like this? The tooltip is clearly not enough as I didn't get to see it and of course never guessed that was a toggle. Well... now I know. 

16 minutes ago, IsabelAracama said:

But why anyone would choose to do this like this?

My guess is to avoid having to make the Color panel large enough to include both noise & opacity sliders or radio buttons to choose between them, thus making more room in the UI for other things. Not an unworthy goal in theory but in practice it makes it totally non-obvious that the tiny well is a toggle.

28 minutes ago, IsabelAracama said:

The tooltip is clearly not enough as I didn't get to see it...

At least on Macs, the tooltip just says "Switch," probably the most overly minimalistic tooltip in the entire UI!

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

6 hours ago, R C-R said:

At least on Macs, the tooltip just says "Switch," probably the most overly minimalistic tooltip in the entire UI!

In the Windows version of AD 1.6, the tooltip says 'Switch to noise' or 'Switch to opacity', as appropriate.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)