Sunset

Crash with Mesh Warp Tool

Using Affinity Photo 1.6.6 on MacBook Retina Pro 15" late 2013

Running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.2 updated about two days ago.

Created a document in Designer and saved.

Opened Photo and opened the same document

Intention, to create a shadow from a duplicate of the object that had 100% gaussian blur applied, colour changed and opacity reduced.

Used the mesh warp to reshape the shadow. At one point the square that bounds the mesh warp grid opened (no top line); after that I could not make any more changes to the object. I had been able to undo some actions, but then the undo action stopped working. 

I tried to close the document (intention to close without saving and start again) but I got the busy revolving icon and a lot of noise from the processor. 

Eventually I had to Force Quit the program.

Apple created an error report which I'm attaching. I have no idea whether an Apple error report is any use to you or not.

I reopened Photo and the document is on the screen as it was when the program crashed. I have tried to reshape the object and this time the mesh warp has been successful.

Hilary

AP Crash 2017 11 20 ish.pages

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Hi Hilary

Was it only the once you've had this crash occur? Seems like it might have ran out of memory at that point. If you've been able to repeat the crash multiple times can you attach the document so we can look into recreating this

thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Certainly, I think you might be right because when I restarted the program it worked without any problems, I assume that at that point it was effectively starting the mesh warp 'with a clean slate' regarding memory in the cache or whatever the more technical term might be. I'll try it a few times and if I get the issue again I'll let you know.

Thanks for replying.

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

Hi, I've just had a similar problem - crash log attached. I was experimenting with the Warp tool, simply to see how the tool works. It worked ok for the two bottom corners but when I tried to move the top corners, the fans on my Mac came on and activity monitor showed CPU usage of over 700%. AF was then unresponsive and I had to force-quit.

After restarting AF (without restarting the Mac) the tool seems to work ok - although the CPU usage does still spike up to over 600%

Any ideas from logs and is this CPU load normal? I've attached my MacBook specs for reference.

Thank you.

WARP TOOL CRASHLOG.rtf

Screen Shot 2017-11-13 at 19.33.36.png