BeverlyE

Color picking and Color painting

Help, please!!! I'm on the latest beta update and have run into a big problem. In this particular update the Apple Pencil now is able to select a color to use with the paintbrush. The problem is, at least for me, I can't paint with white or black on a mask. It just keeps picking the color underneath and it's extremely frustrating!! Anyone have any suggestions? I thought the color picker by long touch was fine. It didn't need fixing. 1f615.png 

Hi BeverlyE,

I found the same as yourself and so did a couple of the QA guys. 

This has already been logged for investigation by the Dev team, so hopefully won't be too long before it's resolved.

Has there been any progress on addressing this problem? It's pretty severe. I'm having to take my layers outside AP to a different app to mask and that's a pain. I hope a fix will soon be available!! Thanks in advance!

Yes it is annoying. Sometimes waiting a few seconds helps lock on selected colour, sometimes not waiting works. No consistency so hard to work around. Many good things in this beta release BUT... painting on masks is nigh on impossible now.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB lpadOS 13.1.1  Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 Affinity Design 1.7.3.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Recently I have had the problem with my pencil picking up the background color when I'm trying to paint with a different color. It was better for awhile but now I'm having the same issue. It's not only painting on masks but other situations also.