You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text issues on Mac with PDF imports - (each letter is a unique object instead of a text line)

I am just starting using AD and love what little I can do with it to create content for clients. Looking forward to improving my skills as I get more familiar with the software, but I'm struggling to define something that is happening today when I'm importing PDFs and - since I can't exactly define what is happening - I'm not entirely sure how to search for the solutions. I've tried every permutation of selecting and de-selecting the checkboxes when opening the docs I need to work in, but I'm still not able to open a file with editable text fields the way I've been able to every other time I've opened PDFs. Can someone point me in the right direction to a solution (that hopefully isn't retyping out the entire document since I can't seem to find any versions of the original source material that aren't PDFs).  Could the issue be something that's unique to the program these PDFs were originally created/saved in? 

Just installed Affinity on my Macbook this week so I know I'm working in the most UTD iteration.

Thanks so much!!! 

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 1.21.11 PM.png