You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Restore all defaults in Photo MacOS

How do I restore all defaults in MacOS High Sierra?  I'm having all sorts of trouble with Affinity Photo.  I stopped using it for a while. Yesterday, I tried doing the very simple thing of inverting a mask from white to black, cmd+I wouldn't work.   I also noticed issues with painting a mask so today I tried following a quick mask tutorial (just in case I was doing something wrong).  Can't paint a mask with the brush  on a duplicate pixel layer, created with cmd+J, or on the unlocked background layer.

Anyway, I deleted the app and downloaded it again hoping it'd restore all defaults as in first installation.  Nope, everything is still the same and stuck on the painting issue above (the invert mask was working again with  cmd+i before the re-install).

With Photoshop, opening while holding down Cmd+Option+Shift would restore all defaults.  Tried this just in case, but doesn't work with Affinity Photo.  How do I do this please?  Thanks.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, Silvia. :)

To reset Affinity Photo (or Affinity Designer) open it while holding down the Ctrl key. The ‘Clear User Data’ dialog will be displayed with the first three options checked; clear the second and third checkboxes for a less drastic reset, or press ‘Select All’ for a full reset, before pressing ‘Clear’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)