You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I fine tune color range?

Hi! I am a new iPad pro + Affinity Photo user. So much awesomeness compared to Photoshop. 

Question: When editing headshots in PS, I am used to working with face redness by using the color adjustment layer. Here I select reds in order to shift hue towards orange, but the crucial part here is, that I can fine tune the range of the reds, so I don’t affect more skin than I want. 

I have not yet figured out, if there is a similar way of tweaking the hue of a customizable color range in Affinity. Is there?

(I will happily take any method, as long as I can fine tune the color range, and not do any painting or area selecting. )

Thanks!

PS: I sincerely hope that Serif is going to make an alternative for Lightroom. 

• Staff

Hi LarsDaniel,

Welcome to the forums.

You can apply a Channel Mixer adjustment layer, changing the channel to Red and then adjust the sliders. Another option would be to apply an HSL adjustment and set the range to Reds and adjust the sliders.