You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When clicking on function in the right list of functions you are presented with 2 or 3 thumbnails of what it would look if you accepted one of the default settings (you have no idea how the app came to that result and you can't really inspect the result because of its ridiculous minuscule size).

When clicking on a thumbnail you get a popup dialog box. Why popup and not expand the function with all the controls on the right column of functions. If you close the popup it assumes that you are ok with all the modifications. Being a popup I expected an Accept button and a Cancel button. If you want it to be a truly modeless popup, don't close it when I open other functions!

Going to the Edit menu, the Undo doesn't show what you are supposed to undo (see Aperture).

In the white balance popup dialog there is no way to turn off the picker and the cursor doesn't change right away (while you are over the dialog) to give you feedback that the picker was actually selected (hard to tell if buttons are pressed due to heavy 3D look, use flat UI instead).

etc.

Anyhow, I don't see how Affinity could be a good replacement for Aperture (for example) by looking at the list of functions and capabilities. If that is not the case, what is the persona this app was designed for, what is your market considering it is more expensive than Aperture and iPaint?

• Staff

Affinity Photo is not a replacement for Aperture, iPhoto or Lightroom. I'm sorry if you were told this. Affinity Photo is an image editing application with focus on photography.

Photoshop, Acorn and Pixelmator are the kind of market we are aiming at.

Perhaps "It is not a replacement for Aperture's library management function" would be a better description TC.  It is a splendid replacement (improvement) for its photo editing features.  

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.